incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sheng Wu <wu.sheng.841...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Podling expectations and some issues encountered in incubation
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2019 03:50:36 GMT
Hi Justin

I like this list.

One suggestion,

In You will need to change the way you build and distribute software
>  For instance, you now need to vote on releases over a 72 whole cycle, and also have
the IPMC vote on your releases.

You need 72 hours pod inside vote, and IPMC vote take at least 72 hours, sometimes more.
Also, we should indicate,
if this release doesn’t pass IPMC check, then it needs back to on pod inside vote. Usually,
at first several release votes, it takes more than 1 week, even 2.

For projects first time join incubator or ASF, they may be anxious about this.

Sheng Wu
Apache Skywalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin

> 在 2019年6月30日,上午11:40,Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> 写道:
>
> Hi,
>
> I put down some thoughts to help podling expectations and list some of the issues a podling
may face on it’s incubating journey. [1] Feedback and edits welcome.

> Most projects do not run into serious issues or are good at handling any issue that do
crop up. I think it would be a good idea to point project sconsidering incubating at it and
they can discuss with their champion what issues they think may have a risk of occurring.
 Eventually we can turn this into a page on the incubator site.