incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject [IMPORTANT] Board proposal on podling releases
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2019 06:45:31 GMT
Hi,

As suggested I’ve collated information from several threads and turned it into a proposal
for the board. Any edits, feedback, agreement, disagreement etc etc is welcome. In particular
it would be nice  to hear some feedback from people who are in favour of this.

Note that this is important as it probably changes the advice mentors will give their podlings
on releases and change in a positive way how we vote on releases with serious issues in them.
If you are a mentor or vote on releases please read it. Again feedback welcome.

If the board agrees with the proposal I think we'll need to update the incubator DISCLAIMER.
I’ve suggested what we might add in the proposal but the exact changes can to be discussed
here. If the board disagrees with the proposal I suggest we discuss and come up with a list
of serious issues that the IPMC recommends voting -1 vote on a release. This is just guidance,
not rules, and there may of course be exceptions. (For instance you could ask VP legal for
an exception as has been done in the past.)  That way mentors and podlings have clear expectations
on releases must contain.

The proposal can be found in the draft board report. [1]

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/June2019