incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Podling releases and release policy
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2019 07:02:12 GMT
Hi,

> I was providing the converse: has the IPMC been told *not* to make podling
> releases?

For ones that don’t comply with release policy? Yes they have.

> I'm stipulating that "podling release" != "Foundation release", so
> different policies apply.

That’s the first time I’ve head it put that way. The IPMC is a PMC and make’s those
releases. it seem odd they as a TLP don’t have to comply to policy, without the boards approval,
especially if that not documented anywhere.

> The disclaimer says "the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF”.

Which is a little vague and doesn’t IMO explicitly say anything about releases.

But rather than disagreeing about this why don’t we get it changed / confirmed by that the
current board that this is the case?

I for one are uncomfortable that the legal protections may not apply to IPMC members (and
podlings involved) if we don’t follow release policy.

Thanks,
Justin