incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <apache....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IP clearance issues of 3rd party projects transferring to Apache
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2019 14:54:39 GMT
Hi,

The way I understand the policy is:

New projects accepted into the incubator go through the process of clearing the IP associated
with the project as normal part of incubation. While in incubation, multiple contributions
can be made (especially those with multiple external repositories) and all of these fall under
the incubator processes. There is no special form to fill and no vote because the Mentors
are watching the incubating project and checking the CCLA, SGA, and ICLA forms.

Once a project graduates from the incubator, any additional significant contributions go through
the formal IP Clearance process.

So in the case of Dubbo, any repositories that had not been accepted into the project already
at graduation (the date of the board resolution establishing Dubbo) would go through the IP
Clearance process.

Regards,

Craig