incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: Generating + formatting the Board report from the website?
Date Wed, 22 May 2019 14:44:49 GMT
On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 10:26 AM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Doesn't the new Markdown format help with that?
>
> I hope it will but:
> a) Messy markdown with inconsistent formatting can still look good.
> b) Some podlings submit at the last minutes and ignore formatting.
> c) Some podlings tend to copy and paste the last report and modify and may miss/alter
the markdown.

> We’ll see what happens.
>
> > Most of my sloppy formatting is already fixed by the Markdown
> > conversion
>
> I'm not sure the board will be viewing the results of the markdown but just the raw text???
Currently the Whimsy report tool doesn’t support markdown right?

Let's back up, and ignore whimsy for the moment.  Approved board
minutes are published here, in text/plain format:

https://www.apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html

We need to figuring out what the desired end result (currently I
believe that this is spec'ed someplace as less than 80 characters per
line and no wiki markup, but I forget where), and then work backwards
to figure out when these changes are to be mad.  It is entirely
possible that all of these changes can be made without whimsy.

- Sam Ruby