incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Generating + formatting the Board report from the website?
Date Wed, 22 May 2019 14:15:29 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 3:19 PM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> ...Reflow so that they are human readable is a little hard to write down. :-) Mostly
it because of the wide
> variation of formatting podlings submit their reports ...

Doesn't the new Markdown format help with that? I experimented a bit
at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/June2019#testing-the-formatting
and the problems in my input are immediately visible in the preview or
after you save - so people will hopefully pay more attention now that
they see the (first stage) conversion.

Most of my sloppy formatting is already fixed by the Markdown
conversion (assuming you copy the result from the
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/June2019 output)
and the remaining problems are obvious.

And for a second stage "fold -s -w76 | cat -s" (or the equivalent in
Whimsy) might be sufficient ?

-Bertrand