incubator-general mailing list archives

From b..@tobin.nl
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Mentors SHOULD vote on podling releases prior to asking IPMC to vote
Date Sat, 18 May 2019 14:36:26 GMT
Sorry Justin but this is you looking for “problems” that just are not there and to me it
comes across as you taking joy out of frustrating people. Nothing about “nagging mentors
privately to vote” holds any additional / relevant information that needs disclosure to
the public.

So something needs to be done AND this CTA has been advertised in public and we all want to
move things forward.  Now we have the option to either contact stakeholders directly to do
it in a much more effective synchronous manner to expedite things or plea a second  time in
a public forum for this CTA in the hope they read and take action on time.

Please stop trying to see issues in everything because the boy cried wolf effect is enormous
and you’re hurting morale.

Bas

> Op 18 mei 2019, om 15:24 heeft Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> het volgende
geschreven:

> Hi,
>
>> I nagged our mentors privately to vote and mentioned that I would be
>> trying a concurrent vote.
>
> IMO that communication should be public, part of doing things at the ASF is being open
and tranparent. Again IMO that decision would of been better done via consensus of the PPMC
and not conducted in private.