incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo Admin(Incubating) 0.2.0 [RC3]
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2019 02:17:35 GMT
HI,

> However, LGPL software does not fit into this case, because in [2]
> section 5, it says linking to a LGPL software is not considered to
> create a derivative work.

It still places restriction above and beyond what the ALv2 does and that why it’s listing
in Category X. [1]

> Basically I am trying to figure out, why in ASF policy, linking to
> LGPL code is not allowed. I just want to discuss this issue
> technically. No other meanings.

I suggest you ask on the legal discuss list they are likely to be able to provide a better
answer.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x <https://apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x>