incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk Composer 0.11.0 (incubating)
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2019 19:09:36 GMT
Hi -

I am concerned about an overly automated release process. Please explain what the role of
the Release Manager is in your process? How does the release manager sign these automatically
generated artifacts? How are release artifacts moved from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/
to https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/openwhisk/ once the vote is passed?
Are there staged artifacts anywhere else like repository.apache.org? Or to NPM.

BTW - The link to the commit currently leads to a 404.

Regards,
Dave

> On Apr 22, 2019, at 11:53 AM, Dave Grove <dgrove@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Yes the artifact being voted on was [1].
>
> We've been automating more of our release process (including generating the call-to-vote
email) and in had streamlined out the list of URLs from the call-to-vote email.  From your
feedback, it seems like that was not appropriate.  I will open an issue to put them back into
the generated email.