incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apache-singa-incubating-2.0.0 (RC1)
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2019 21:24:00 GMT
Hi,

> convert.py is explained in the LICENSE file
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-singa/blob/master/LICENSE#L448
> Do we still need to include the header in [1]?

Up to you.

Files can get separated from where come from (like this one) and it then becomes unclear of
what it’s license is or it’s IP provanance.

It's also a little odd I don’t see the file here [1] and all the files there do have ALv2
headers copyright Google. A google search for "Converting tensorflow checkpoint file to key-val
pkl file” only picks up the file in Singa so I’m not 100% sure where it came from. It
may of come from [2] (see this change [3]) which also has an ALv2 header. If the original
file had an ALv2 header it should not of been removed. [3]

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/tensorflow/models/tree/master/research/inception/inception
2. https://github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow/blob/master/tensorflow/python/tools/inspect_checkpoint.py