incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Dubbo (incubating) as a Top Level Project
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2019 22:55:17 GMT
Hi,

> 1. If graduation happens, Dubbo should be Apache branding, then why
> dubbo GitHub org[1] is still used. Especially the exact name and logo.

Part of the repo was used to host dubbo.io which now redirects to http://dubbo.apache.org/en-us/.
Re the other projects it may be that a little clean up still needs to be done but action is
being taken. The existence of this extra repo has been discussed a number of times in the
project and projects are being moved off it.  e.g. [1][2] and more recently [3][4].

This document probably best describes what is happening [5].

> 2. Most star project[2] in dubbo org is using Apache mail list[3]. But
> groupId[4] says it belongs Alibaba

I would guess this is just an oversight, but if someone from the PPMC can comment on this
that would be good.

> 3. Dubbo-go[5] project exists, and also use the Dubbo name.

See [5].

> Also, in the last Dubbo vote `[VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo
> Admin(Incubating) 0.2.0 [RC3]`. License issue hasn't been addressed inside
> the PPMC(dev vote), I know LGPL is uncertain thing(maybe), but at this
> moment, it should not be included.

This issue is is being addressed (vote has been canceled, the dependancy removed, documentation
updated and there’s a discussion started on legal discuss on if it might in future be allowed).
I also note it was the PPMC who first noticed this issue not the IPMC.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/aae8787244959aeaab0e3e83dd79036482df9e8006f0fb83e5173d87@%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E
2. https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f272b30bd9bb09dc605088504f8ed643bd9a3b2434c9e7ef59b6b7fe@%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E