incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache SkyWalking (incubating) as a TLP (take2)
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2019 20:56:37 GMT
Hi,

>> SkyWalking is making more consensus decisions via the ML, including discussions and
decisions on issue, test, release, new committer and branding issues. Since the last graduation
discussion, the community has voted in 9 new committers, 3 of them also as PPMC members.

I assume the maturity documentation linked to in the discussion is slightly out of date? [1]
as it states "The community has elected 1 new committer and 1 PPMC member during incubation,
based on meritocracy.”.

>> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache SkyWalking PMC be and hereby is tasked
>> with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to encourage open
>> development and increased participation in the Apache SkyWalking
>> Project; and be it further

I suggest you remove this section, bylaws are not required.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SKYWALKING/Apache+Maturity+Model+Assessment+for+SkyWalking