incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject [Annoucement] Updated Clutch 2 Report with Individual Podling Pages is Now Available
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2019 19:32:29 GMT
I’ve spent the past few weeks updating the clutch analysis process which had been neglected
for many years.

This is now in production and on the Incubator website at https://incubator.apache.org/clutch/
<https://incubator.apache.org/clutch/>

It is my hope that every podling will be much better enabled to track their status.

Some highlights -
- In the current jbake website style.
- Takes into account that podlings all use GIT repositories.
- A new analysis page is created for each podling - for example: https://incubator.apache.org/clutch/skywalking.html
<https://incubator.apache.org/clutch/skywalking.html>
- Whimsy tools are now available which enrich what may be analyzed. This includes https://whimsy.apache.org/pods/project
<https://whimsy.apache.org/pods/project>
- Links and guidance have been refreshed to use the current Incubator site pages. (I think
that these need work, but those are other topics.)
- I attempted to keep descriptions obvious and helpful with pointers to the best relevant
documentation.
- Pull Requests welcome on https://github.com/apache/incubator/ <https://github.com/apache/incubator/>

Some notes about the process from https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk>
- Python analysis clutch.py is replaced by clutch2.py and clutch2status.py.
- The clutch analysis is now run with clutch2.sh which includes error checking and nonzero
exits.
- Clutch data is no longer .ent files, but is asciidoc
- Individual podling clutch analysis is generated asciidoc with verified information
- The clutch pickle file should work with the IPMC chair’s reporter process

Errata:
- I tried to keep most of the clutch page information somewhere on the page, but some gmane
links were stale.
- One major observation is that most podlings are not updating their podling status pages:
https://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#initialize_podling_status_page <https://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#initialize_podling_status_page>
- The guidance on how to update podling status page is spotty and the clutch page might be
best.

Warm Regards,
Dave