incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache SkyWalking (incubating) as a TLP(take2)
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2019 04:25:01 GMT
Hi,

> "Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
> 1. IP clearance.
> 3. First ASF release. (SkyWalking 5.0)
> 3. Further ASF culture and processes.
> 7. Clear Brand issues with other ecosystem projects.“
>
> If possible can one of the PPMC members / mentors explain what these issue are in a little
more detail. It’s seems a little unusual for these things to be listed and presumably unresolved
if the project is considering graduation, especially the IP clearance issue. I can see the
whimsey page (probably incorrectly) states that "No Software Grant and No IP Clearance Filed”
[1]

I also note that IP clearance has been listed in every single board report since the first
one. [1]

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://whimsy.apache.org/board/minutes/SkyWalking.html