incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Mick Semb Wever" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache SkyWalking (incubating) as a TLP(take2)
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2019 09:13:40 GMT

> I’m still not 100% sure that this project its ready to graduate.
> Looking at the roster [1] only 1/2 the the proposed PMC members are
> signed up to the projects private list. Some of the people suggested
> have limited interaction on the mailing list(s)  and in a couple of
> cases have never sent an email to them that I can find. How was this
> PMC list determined and where was this discussed? Perhaps the roster
> needs to be adjusted in the proposal for it to be accepted by the IPMC?
> What do others think?

Yeeaah, something that's not catching me off-guard  :-)

I noticed this before we started this thread. We went through the roster and most of those
"missing" are subscribed with other (non-apache) addresses. Most of them are there and have
been involved, also discussion on the private ML is frowned upon except for votes on new committers/ppmc
or security issues, so more activity is present on dev and notifications. There are two that
have been quiet/inactive, but they remain trusted, so I would hesitate to remove them (as
per norm for ASF projects).

regards,
Mick