incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Responsibilities and Improvements (was: Re: Whimsy general@ subs check (was: .... introduce "[DISCUSS]" threads for podling ... release candidates))
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2019 03:45:28 GMT
Hi,

> I agree that it's not ideal but it is not a symptom of a big problem either. We have
inactive IPMC members who might become active again later if a community wants to join the
incubator but it's a hassle to leave and then join again.

Some context, over 300 projects have gone through the incubator, 50 are there currently, each
requires a champion and 3 mentors at the start (all IPMC members), even with some mentors
working on multiple podling it's not surprising the IPMC is 300 people or so. Nor should it
be that a large number of them are inactive as most of the projects they were involved in
have graduated (or retired). But despite this some still think it is an issue so we IMO we
should address it, unless they change their minds, and say so here.

Thanks,
Justin