incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jochen Theodorou" <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Aw: Re: Tying Dockerhub into development and release management
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2019 09:49:00 GMT

> Gesendet: Freitag, 08. Februar 2019 um 04:58 Uhr
> Von: "Dave Fisher" <dave2wave@comcast.net>
> An: general@incubator.apache.org
> Betreff: Re: Tying Dockerhub into development and release management
[...]
> > On Feb 7, 2019, at 7:51 PM, Chris Lambertus <cml@apache.org> wrote:
[...]
> >> On Feb 7, 2019, at 6:47 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,

> >> Well from a casual glance I can see several projects that seem to be putting
releases constructed from unapproved source code up there. I’ve not looked in detail so
may be mistaken. I guess sit depends if that concerns you or not.

> > I hear you loud and clear. It’s not a question of if it concerns “me” i.e.
Infra, but more if it concerns Legal. Based on www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html it
seems like Infra may need to clamp down on what’s going on with the dockerhub repos and
builds. As I alluded to before, we’ve generally left this to the good will of the project.
If it’s being abused and the project is “releasing” artifacts via dockerhub that have
not been vetted through the ASF release policy, then we do need to take action. Thanks for
bringing this to our attention. Could you please send a list of any “offenders” that you’ve
found to private@infra?

Question: "releasing artifacts that have not been vetted through the ASF release policy" does
also include Docker images based on official releases? (I know the thread also talked about
nightlies and such, that is why it is not 100% clear to me here)

bye Jochen