incubator-general mailing list archives

From "吴晟 Sheng Wu" <wu.sh...@foxmail.com>
Subject Re: Unapproved Sharding Sphere releases
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2019 14:50:54 GMT
Hi

By following the Apache policy, besides the suggestions I gave and done. Just a moment ago,
I deleted the recent two unapproved releases, 3.1.0.m1 and 3.1.0 at GitHub release page[1].

In further, I will help the shardingsphere community to follow the policy.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/releases

Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin

From Wu Sheng 's phone.

From: 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu.sheng@foxmail.com>
Date: Wed,Jan 30,2019 5:54 PM
To: dev <dev@shardingsphere.apache.org>, dev <dev@shardingsphere.apache.org>
Cc: Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>, jmclean <jmclean@apache.org>
Subject: Re: Unapproved Sharding Sphere releases

Hi

I think I agree the Justin's points.
No matter the release happens in Apache org repo or not, it still happened after you asked
and accepted by Incubator. So, it is not encouraged and not following the Apache way.

I propose these adjustments
1. Add statement in GitHub release versions. Saying these are not Apache release.
2. Add statement in you website home, document and download pages, saying all available releases
are not Apache releases
3. After the first approved release, you only says before this version(4.0.0 maybe) are not
Apachre releases.
4. Add statement in GitHub project readme.md for the same thing.

Especially for document pages, this needs to be tagged in clear way.
I know, those releases in maven central repo are hard to release, and not good for the existing
community. So, I hope my proposals are good enough.