incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sönke Liebau <soenke.lie...@opencore.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Training (incubating) Proposal
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2019 09:33:24 GMT
Hi,

after spending some time thinking about this I also tend towards the
Incubator route as I am sure this will help build and grow an active
community and processes.

Best regards,
Sönke

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 6:38 AM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > discussion seems to have died down. Before moving on I'd really like to
> > hear the opinions of the interested contributors on which direction to go.
> > Otherwise we might have to put it to a vote?
>
> Perhaps I biased, but I think going via the incubator is alway helpful. :-) The big question
is would the board support the project going straight to TLP? I really don’t know, it’s
approved them in the past and not rejected any that I know of. What could the project do to
show the board that going straight to TLP is justifiable? Perhaps start by list out how many
ASF members you have on the project and and give an idea of how long they been around, how
many projects they gone through incubation with and how active they are in the incubator and
may help you decide which path to go and give the board some reassurance.

> Thanks,
> Justin

Sönke Liebau
Partner
Tel. +49 179 7940878
OpenCore GmbH & Co. KG - Thomas-Mann-Straße 8 - 22880 Wedel - Germany