incubator-general mailing list archives

From Makoto Yui <m...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Podlings not following ASF release policy
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2019 08:38:10 GMT
Justin,

Could you please tell us <dev@hivemall.incubator.apache.org> what
issues exist in Hivemall?

Thanks,
Makoto

2019年2月9日(土) 9:51 Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>:

> Hi,
>
> So I just checked the next bunch of podlings to report to see if we have any other issues
with ASF releases policy and sadly we do and again it larger than I expected. Some of these
are minor issues and easily fixed, some are not. In a couple of cases I may not of looked
deeply enough into the issue and it may actually be fine, if so apologies in advance for listing
you here. In a couple of cases (e.g. Zipkin) I can see it’s been discussed on the list but
there’s more to do.

> Podlings having one or more issues with ASF release policy include:
> - Crail
> - Daffodil
> - Dlab
> - Druid
> - Dubbo
> - Hivemall
> - Marvin-ai
> - Memo
> - Omid
> - Openwhisk
> - Pinot
> - Ponymail
> - Singa
> - Skywalking
> - Zipkin
>
> Projects that I will be following up with include Dlab, Druid, Dubbo, Openwhisk, Singa,
Skywalking and Zipkin.

> If you are the mentors of these projects please take a look and see what you can do to
improve the situation and educate your podling on proper release policy. If you can’t find
the issue ping me and I’ll send an email with what I think it is to your private list. There
is probably things I’ve missed as well, often were there’s one issue there’s others.

> Please include something in the next podling report on this.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

Makoto YUI <myui AT apache.org>
Principal Engineer, Arm Treasure Data.