incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Unapproved Sharding Sphere releases
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2019 21:40:41 GMT

> On Feb 7, 2019, at 1:24 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Prior “Non-Apache Releases” are attached to the repository and come along. What
to do? I think we have to accept these, but mark them appropriately as deleting them would
be for the project community during transition.

> +1 Clearly labelling any non-apache releases prior to the the data of incubation is fine.
It makes it clear that they were not made while the project was at the ASF.

Since we are working to inform podlings how to fix an oversight I think we should be prescriptive.

To fix this the PPMC would go to each pre-Apache release and edit the release: https://help.github.com/articles/editing-and-deleting-releases/
<https://help.github.com/articles/editing-and-deleting-releases/>

Do we recommend that the Title be changed to add “Non-Apache release from prior to Incubation”
or would it be sufficient for that text to be added to the Description?

Thanks,
Dave