incubator-general mailing list archives

From Antoine Toulme <anto...@toulme.name>
Subject [Cava] Suitable name search
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2019 18:57:57 GMT
Hello all,

As discussed previously, Cava is not a proper name for the proposal discussed last week on
this list and published to the wiki [0].

I humbly would like to ask the community for feedback and proposals on a suitable name for
this proposal, in line with the guidelines [1].

In preparation for this search, I have put together a list of names:

- Rainbow (after the name of my kid’s favorite toy, and in line with the crypto community
unicorn punk theme [2].
- Winch (a mechanical device used to wind up or wind out wires (Wikipedia) , in the chain
theme)
- Sprocket (a profiled wheel with teeth, or cogs, that mesh with a chain, track or other perforated
or indented material. (Wikipedia), in the chain theme as well)

I have researched those names lightly and I have not seen them used heavily by an open source
project in crypto. I followed the guidelines to search across different open source communities.

Please provide your own proposal and let’s work together towards a rough consensus. If one
of the proposals above registers, please let us know as well.

Cheers,

Antoine

[0]: https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/CavaProposal
[1]: https://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html <https://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html>