incubator-general mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil (incubating) 2.3.0-rc1
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2019 07:26:32 GMT
Changing my vote to +1 (binding)

I found the reason for the failing tests on Mac and Windows ... the root cause was the different
locale and the way numeric values are encoded.
In Germany we separate the 1000s with "." and the decimal part with "," and in the US it's
the opposite way.  If I enforce the locale en_US and increase the memory, then all except
one test succeed.
The one failing test is still related to this locale thing, so I guess this is something that
has to be documented and should not qualify for blocking this release.

So I would request to add suggested settings of "SBT_OPTS" to the readme for further releases
as with the current documentation it's impossible to build.

Haven't tested the binary distributions though ... however with some help of the community
I have successfully updated my PLC4X dynamic drivers that greatly utilize Daffodil to the
maven artifacts of 2.3.0

Chris