incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Unapproved Sharding Sphere releases
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2019 06:31:02 GMT
HI,

> This was done. The issue is that the "3.0.0 outside Apache" release should not be associated
with Apache but with the previous project.

They also made a 3.1.0 release as well and it was on the Apache github site (both 3.0 and
3.1 have now been removed from there).

> It looks like the original repositories have been changed to redirect to Apache. I'd
suggest restoring the original https://github.com/sharding-sphere/ <https://github.com/sharding-sphere/sharding-sphere.git>*
repositories so they don't automatically redirect to the Apache podling git repositories.

I’m not so sure that's OK. It’s probably not right for a PPMC to be releasing software
anywhere advertised to the general public that hasn’t been approved for release. Could a
3rd party do it sure, could they call it Sharding Sphere probably not.

Thanks,
Justin