incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: Tying Dockerhub into development and release management
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2019 20:04:04 GMT
Hi,

> The issue we have run into however is that the availability of Docker
> images in Dockerhub appears to be in violation of Apache release policy. Is
> this true for all images e.g. tagged and version controlled, hosted within
> Dockerhub or is it acceptable for us to publish version controlled images
> in Dockerhub?

If they consist of code from a voted on release then that’s fine. This has been discussed
a bit recently,  see these two legal JIRAs [1][2]. In short “It is appropriate to distribute
official releases through downstream channels, but inappropriate to distribute unreleased
materials through them.”

However I assume you asking about what to do with release candidates, my guess is to make
sure they are not the default latest release and come up with a tagging scheme.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-270
2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-427