incubator-general mailing list archives

From Antoine Toulme <anto...@toulme.name>
Subject Re: [Cava] Suitable name search - choosing a name
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2019 22:20:16 GMT
I am aware of those uses, but they don’t seem to cross with the domain of the project.
The suitable name search guide [0] expresses a lot of subtlety about name uniqueness which
gave me this interpretation.

Nevertheless, let’s then reopen the thread:

Would you like to vote for another name in the list proposed?

[0]: https://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html#what_makes_a_name_good

> On Feb 26, 2019, at 2:11 PM, Kevin A. McGrail <kmcgrail@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Antoine,
>
> I hate to throw a wrench in the works but there has been so much traffic
> here, I missed that thread.  Jal (just another language) is a
> programming language:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JAL_(compiler) &
> http://justanotherlanguage.org/
>
> I don't think it's going to be appropriate for us to step on another
> open source project name.
>
> Regards,
> KAM
>
> On 2/26/2019 5:02 PM, Antoine Toulme wrote:
>> Thanks all.
>>
>> We have a clear winner with “Jal”, with 4 +1 votes and no votes for other names.
>> Thank you for your participation!
>>
>> I will make mention of the result of this consultation on the proposal.
>>
>> We are now set to open the podling.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Antoine
>>
>>> On Feb 25, 2019, at 1:38 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 for Jal
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB

crypto community unicorn punk theme [2].
, in the chain theme)
track or other perforated or indented material. (Wikipedia), in the chain theme as well)
[3]: "Imagine a multidimensional spider's web in the early morning covered with dew drops.
And every dew drop contains the reflection of all the other dew drops.
in that reflection. And so ad infinitum. That is the Buddhist conception of the universe in
an image." –Alan Watts)

contender, I'll work with the Champion (Jim Jagielski) to pick a name.

PST time.