incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Podlings Which Need Mentors
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2019 21:12:24 GMT
Myrle,

> On Feb 26, 2019, at 12:57 PM, Myrle Krantz <myrle@apache.org> wrote:
>
> This is a helpful collection Dave,
>
> So one way to put these facts next to each other:

That’s one way to do it. I found other interesting bits and was going to present other issues
separately.

> * We have 1 podling that has expressed concerned about too much IPMC
> involvement.  (Possibly more who are concerned but unwilling to speak up.)

I think that other podlings or mentors have differing issues here. I think that new ideas
will be discussed in new threads.

> * We have 8 podlings that have too little IPMC involvement.
>
> This does look like a problem with how we decide to distribute our
> attention rather than a problem of "too many cooks”.

Yes. IPMC members need to choose if they wish to be involved. Many of the podlings who need
mentors are older ones that have gone through attrition in various ways including Mentor loss.
About half have been rebooted. Some of these will eventually retire - we are fairly reluctant
to force this, but …

A few have a good number of subscribers to their dev@ lists:

OpenWhisk and Weex have more than 200.
Annotator, Myriad, Milagro, and Spot have between 60 and 85.
Tamaya and S2Graph have just under 40.

Regards,
Dave