incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Starting at the incubator and releases
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2019 00:23:00 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for tech feedback John.

> This is a loaded statement, since PPMC's can never make releases.  The IPMC
> approves the release always within the scope of Apache.

I did say above that it does need to be approved by the PPMC and IPMC I’ll see if I can
reword.

>> Ideally within six months of joining the incubator. Remember this first
>> release doesn’t have to be perfect.
>>

> Personally, I disagree with this statement.  I would prefer to see "as soon
> as the podling feels ready to do a release”

I added it because the podlings we seem to be having issues with are the one who take the
longest to make a release and continue make unapproved releases elsewhere. I know in some
cases it take longer and there’s no issues. No issue in dropping it however.

Thanks,
Justin