incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <apache....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Renaming repos and security concerns
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2019 15:50:03 GMT
Hi Justin,

> On Feb 9, 2019, at 8:16 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> As I mentioned else-thread, I think the date should be the date the repository is
moved to the Incubator, not the date the project is voted into the incubator.

> This seams reasonable but that not what has been happening in most cases, the repo get
transferred and then unapproved release are made.

And I agree that once the repo is transferred, the project is under control of the PPMC and
releases must then be approved by the PPMC and then the IPMC.

> It may also make it hard for people outside that repo (including possibly some on the
initial committers list) to get access if it’s under some corporations control.

And that's exactly what I would want. Granting access only to the "outside project committers"
means that it's not under the control of the new PPMC. And releases in this phase of the project
are not "approved Apache releases". Perfect.

Regards,

Craig