incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sharan Foga <sha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator exit interview
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2019 19:55:24 GMT
Hi All

As Julian mentions, my understanding is that this is about information collection not about
decision making. The more information we have that is relevant could encourage more focussed
discussion and help us see if there is something unclear in the documentation or process.

If there is concern about talking to the PMC Chair only then perhaps it can be balanced by
making the interview offer available to the PMC, the Committers or whole community.

Thanks
Sharan

On 2019/01/14 18:50:20, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
> What Roman said.
>
> And also, I make a distinction between communication (information gathering) and decision
making. The Apache Way is that decisions occur on-list. It doesn’t say that all communication/information
gathering is on-list.

> Julian
>

> > On Jan 14, 2019, at 10:29 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org> wrote:

to all communication. (Otherwise why would we allow hallway conversations at conferences?)
I’d rather that we make better decisions than be slave to principle.