incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 10.0 (incubating) [vote candidate 5]
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2018 07:38:02 GMT
Hi,

+1 binding but I think there's a few issues that need to be addressed before for the next
release.

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signature and hashes correct
- LICENSE is OK but you may not be complying with license terms as most require you to include
the full text of the license when distributing any software that includes them.I’d suggest
you  make a directory called licenses and place them then and provide a pointer from the LICENSE
file.
- NOTICE is fine
- A large number of source files are missing headers (see below)
- No unexpected binary files but perhaps one that shouldn’t be in the release [3]
- I’m unable to compile on OSX but I’ll assume that’s just my set up

A large number of source files are missing ASF headers e.g. [1] [2] (and elsewhere) For might
want to search for the text "To change this license header” and that find 300+ files. IMO
this need to be fixed before the next release.

From a quick internet search you may not have permission to distribute these files [4], for
instance it looks like some of them came from a professional photographer here. [5]. Do you
have permission to use and distribute these files? (I may of asked this about a previous release?)

Thanks,
Justin

1.  ./groovy/groovy.editor/test/unit/data/**/*.groovy
2.  ./java/java.editor/test/**/*.java
3. ./profiler/lib.profiler/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/lib/profiler/heap/heap_dump.bin
4. ./webcommon/web.client.samples/EaselDemo/public_html/img/*
5. https://www.warrenphotographic.co.uk/10542-kitten-and-rabbit