incubator-general mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Ratis Thirdparty 0.2.0 rc0
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2018 00:14:52 GMT
I guess I just need to accept that I'll never have a firm grasp on L&N
construction. I'm still a bit befuddled. Thanks for taking the time to
explain, Justin.

I would have confidently thought that bundled software's copyright
statements always had a place in NOTICE. Also, a surprise to me that we
want all licenses in LICENSE. Will try to pick these up for the next
release.

On 12/4/18 3:48 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Are we looking at different things, Justin? The NOTICE file in the directory you
mention only has copyright information for bundled software (and text to help us know to what
product that copyright statement applies).

> That is not the purpose of NOTICE.
>
>> Are you expecting a more verbatim inclusion of the full NOTICE content and not the
relevant "spirit”?

> See [1]
>

>> For LICENSE, gRPC is ALv2 (no mention required), protobuf-java is 3-clause BSD (which
is included), netty is ALv2 (no mention required), and gson is also ALv2. What do you see
that's missing?