incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jonas Pfefferle" <peppe...@japf.ch>
Subject Re: licenses and copyrights of dependencies
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2018 16:07:25 GMT
Hi Vincent,

At least right now we have the source code part covered since we do not ship
any third party code/jars etc. with it. However, as you pointed it is a
concern for the binary release. We just want this to be easy to  manage. At
the moment we have 80+ jars that we ship as dependencies in the binary
release. As pointed out before all of them have the license at least
mentioned in the pom or have a license file in META-INF. Best case scenario
we could just list all jars in the LICENSE file and refer to their license
in the jar instead of copying everything. This makes it much easier to
add/remove dependencies or change versions...
Does this make sense?

Thanks,
Jonas