incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jonas Pfefferle" <peppe...@japf.ch>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Crail-1.1-incubating [rc3]
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2018 08:29:32 GMT
Hi Justin,

Thanks for your vote. Some comments inline.

Jonas

  On Sun, 4 Nov 2018 19:04:22 +1100
  Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m +1 (binding) on releasing the source package, but -1 on the
>binary. Assuming you get enough votes you could IMO just release the
>source artefact.
>
> I checked:
> - incubating in name
> - signatures and hashes good
> - LICENSE and NOTICE fine
> - DISCLAIMER exists
> - no unexpected binary files
> - can compile from source
>
> Two very minor things:
> - You might want to consider signing the release with an Apache
>email address.

It is signed with an Apache email address:

$ gpg --verify apache-crail-1.1-incubating-src.tar.gz.asc
gpg: assuming signed data in `apache-crail-1.1-incubating-src.tar.gz'
gpg: Signature made Fri 26 Oct 2018 12:50:58 PM CEST using RSA key ID
AA557B11
gpg: Good signature from "Jonas Pfefferle <pepperjo@apache.org>"

> - What is contained in CREDITS is ally in NOTICE (in a slightly
>different form).

There was some discussion on the last release the reason we have the CREDITS
file is to
respect IBM's copyright.

> - Please include build instructions in the released software and not
>a link to them.

Ok. I'll add a small paragraph in the README