incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Voting in new IPMC members
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2018 11:01:25 GMT
HI,

> That's not correct, its not "no -1s" - quoting [2]:
>
>> Consensus approval' refers to a vote (sense 1) which has completed with at least
three
>> binding +1 votes and no vetos.
>
> It says "no vetos", not "no -1s"
>
> And as per [0] vetoes only apply to code changes, so that definition
> of "consensus approval" cannot IMO apply to anything other than code
> changes.

If you read the thread I pointed to -1 are vetos on committer and PMC members, or rather many
old ASF members think that is the case, I’m not sure what else I can say other than that.
It would be good if this was clarified (and the documentation corrected) as I know it’s
caused issues on a number of occasions.

Perhaps discuss/branch the board discussion on default guidelines to discuss this?

Thanks,
Justin