incubator-general mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Crail-1.1-incubating [rc3]
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2018 22:06:50 GMT
Forwarding my vote from the PPMC vote: +1 (binding)

I checked the source artifacts but not the binary artifacts. Therefore
I agree with Justin that the source artifacts can be included in the
release but not the binary artifacts.

Julian

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 1:04 AM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m +1 (binding) on releasing the source package, but -1 on the binary. Assuming you
get enough votes you could IMO just release the source artefact.

> I checked:
> - incubating in name
> - signatures and hashes good
> - LICENSE and NOTICE fine
> - DISCLAIMER exists
> - no unexpected binary files
> - can compile from source
>
> Two very minor things:
> - You might want to consider signing the release with an Apache email address.
> - What is contained in CREDITS is ally in NOTICE (in a slightly different form).
> - Please include build instructions in the released software and not a link to them.
> - At some point the documentation [1] should move to Apache infrastructure
>
> For the binary the LICENSE, NOTICE and DISCLAIMER is missing and the LICENSE and NOTICE
are also missing from META-INF in the jars. See the release policy on this. [2]