incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Draft email to member list to try and recruit some new mentors
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2018 20:47:20 GMT
Hi,

> I am not a member. PMC of Hadoop. Still I would like to help here if any possible.

Anyone can help out with mentoring duties and do the same job, it’s just not official (whatever
that means) unless you are an IPMC member. So if you want to do it just go and do it.

Alternatively you could help out out at the incubator (review a few releases, answer a few
questions, review or contribute to the podling report) and get voted in as a IPMC member and
then be able to official mentor project. (This is an uncommon path, but that’s what I did.)

Thanks,
Justin