incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jacques BasaldĂșa <jacq...@dybot.com>
Subject Some early stage questions
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2018 19:31:57 GMT
Hi everyone,

I would like to formulate a proposal to the ASF incubator. After spending some time browsing
the website, I still have a few novice questions I wish to share with you.

1. https://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html states: "Before starting on the formal
proposal, recruit a Champion.", how can I do that?

2. I don't have a sponsor. I have been dedicating almost 2000 hours in 2018 (on top of my
day job) to this project started end of 2016. At that time, the project was developed in a
corporation that open sourced it under an Apache License in Dec 2017. As I understand it,
the incubator is about building (or failing to build) a community around a project. Does that
meet your expectations?

3. The project is under refactoring to an ambitious long term goal. I do not have an MVP,
but it has good documentation and software engineering practices including: unit testing,
static and dynamic analysis tools, building automation, etc. I expect the jury and candidates
to be comfortable with unfinished projects and decide on the vision and the code. Does that
make sense or is it too early?

I think my questions should be common. If you agree, I volunteer to contribute the answers
to the website to help others boarding on the incubator.

Thanks.

Jacques BasaldĂșa