incubator-general mailing list archives

From Benjamin Young <byo...@bigbluehat.com>
Subject Re: Mentors wanted for Apache Annotator (incubating)
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2018 17:29:33 GMT
Thanks for the help, Dave!

We recently added Gerben to the list of committers and we need to move him to the PPMC. The
other two committers did the work to get their Apache accounts setup, but have otherwise been
quiet. I've continued to reach out to other initial committers to get them through the hoops
here at Apache--which took Gerben a few weeks of setup, reading, etc... Mostly, I think folks
find the process daunting. :-/

What do we need to do to get more of our current committers on the PPMC? Should they all be
at this point?

Thanks for pointing this out, Dave!
Benjamin

--

http://bigbluehat.com/

http://linkedin.com/in/benjaminyoung

________________________________
From: Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net>
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2018 11:53 AM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Tommaso Teofili
Subject: Re: Mentors wanted for Apache Annotator (incubating)

Hi -

I’m looking at https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/annotator <https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/annotator>

It may not be nice to point this out, but I only see two PPMC and three Committers. That is
not a viable PPMC. Two of the Committers were Initial Committers and should have been added
to the PPMC long ago.

There are 64 people subscribed to the dev list. Any Committer candidates?

Regards,
Dave

> On Oct 15, 2018, at 7:46 AM, Benjamin Young <byoung@bigbluehat.com> wrote:
>
> We'd be honored, Tommaso! That overlap of knowledge (Apache and Open/Web Annotation)
is a rarity!