incubator-general mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shu...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: Getting through the hoops (was: Mentors wanted...)
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2018 08:25:07 GMT

Actually I think there is a lot of documentation and in itself it can be a bit daunting. Also
for the committer request, it would be great if it could be streamlined by doing some kind
of online form but there is the question of the digital signature that might be an issue.

Also, some of the optional fields such as the Apache ID or the project name should maybe be
explained as less than optional. I’ve had the problem recently that committers filled the
ICLA without the optional fields, and then the secretary asked for the ID and the project
name. So this is putting additional work on the secretary which could be avoided.

In other words, it’s not that hard when you know the process, but when you’re learning
it and want to do the right thing by not bothering mentors for everything, I think it is less
straightforward than setting up an account on Github, which I think is what a lot of people
are comparing the experience too (at least that’s the feedback I get usually).

Regards,
  Serge…