incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Signoff for PPMC reports for October 2018 due Tuesday
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2018 08:49:58 GMT

> On 9 Oct 2018, at 08:46, Justin Mclean <jmclean@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Podlings with no sign offs:
>> Annotator
>> Milagro
>> ODF Toolkit
>> Warble
>
> I’m yet to see a single sign off on any of these projects from their mentors. Hopefully
they are reading the list and will do so ASAP as they are due today. I’ve pinged each project
individually but had no response.

They're due today.  Where's the panic?

You pinged the projects yesterday.  The tone of that ping - as if we
had done something wrong - felt to me rather confrontational.
Enough to provoke an "I won't be bullied" reaction.
I will sign off (and I still need to raise one podling separately),
but surely it could be better accomplished by a non-confrontational
reminder?

> Assuming the mentors are missing

... might look fairer if the deadline had indeed passed and a reminder
gone unheeded!

--
Nick Kew