incubator-general mailing list archives

From <da...@davebanesaccess.org>
Subject RE: UNICEF Open Source project- Apache Foundation
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2018 20:57:43 GMT
Just to quickly introduce EA and myself – we work together in a not for profit at globalsymbols.com

We are very much committed to both open licence and working in the open, and have a special
interest in seeking to ensure that AAC reaches those communities that have been most under
served in this field

One of our first projects was in the Middle East where we collaborated to develop Tawasol,
the Arabic open symbol set, designed to reflect both language and culture within the Middle
East and especially the gulf. To do that we created a system that democratised symbol design,
allowing a range of stakeholder to determine the design and selection of symbols to represent
concepts.

Very much hope to continue discussions together about collaboration around the paper Ariam
has distributed

Best regards

David