incubator-general mailing list archives

From "吴晟 Sheng Wu" <wu.sh...@foxmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version 5.0.0-RC2
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2018 04:40:25 GMT
We already only post source tar link in website. They are potential developers, because they
code plugins for many open source or commercial libs.

> Sounds to me like it's easier to compile official releases and that you should be trying
to release more often perhaps?

Actually, yes. We discussed before in our community. We didn't want to release too often,
like 1-2 weeks per releaae. Because that will burn the dev and ipmc people to do vote and
check again and again. 😂

So we keep the release per 1 or 2 months. And let developer to build by themself.

Btw, they perfer GitHub because it is easier to pull request new plugin and bug fix.

Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking