incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Graduation Resolutions Should Not Include Project Bylaws Clause
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2018 05:01:20 GMT
Hi,

> Yet conceptually, those are the "default project bylaws" should a PMC not
> decide to write up something else.

Yep and that’s why while podling sometime gets little lost or just copy and paste others
thinking they are correct.

The same happens with LICENSE/NOTICE files so we probably shouldn’t be surprised by this.
:-)

> We'll get there.
>
> Personally, I'd prefer that the concept of project bylaws disappear. Move
> to "community guides". A *guide* rather than a *ruleset*.

I’m fine with calling them guidelines, but the board would need to agree to the word change
in the TLP document.

I can find (or put together) a set of bylaws/guideline that I think follows all ASF policy
and we can put it up (as draft) for the board to look at and other IPMC members to review,
and perhaps ask them to accept it as the default set?

Do people think that’s a good way forward?

Thanks,
Justin