incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Project probe: AsyncFlows Framework
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2018 13:01:04 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 2:09 PM Dmitriy Pavlov <dpavlov.spb@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...If there are no sufficient volunteers involved, the project has a high risk
> that development is stopped and the project is retired...

More precisely, an Apache project requires at least 3 active PMC
members [1] to operate.

So, when a project is ready to exit the Incubator it needs these 3 PMC
members, and we usually like to have a small buffer so graduating with
less than 5 active PMC members is not realistic IMO. And we like
having an initial community to demonstrate that the project interests
more than one person.

-Bertrand

[1] https://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html