incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version 5.0.0-RC
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2018 10:07:05 GMT
Hi,

> 1. Sorry for 404 of how to build. It is caused by one of today's merge. Document location
changed. Just after William checked our release. I should point it to our release TAG documents.[1]

Which is a good demonstration of why full instructions should be included in the release.
:-)

> 2. The KEYS are used before and in ASF svn[2], and also in mail content, `Keys to verify
the Release Candidate :` section. Is something wrong about this? I have checked locally again.
.asc sign looks good.

There’s nothing wrong with teh KEYS or the signing it’s just a good idea to publish your
keys so they are be easy to get at. This is a trivial issue, it just makes people life easier
when reviewing or checking the release.

> 3. > - LICENSE need work as you are not complying with the terms of the MIT license
for iconfont as you need to include the full text of the license
> iconfont hasn't independent license, we have already discussed that in last vote. It
belongs to antd project, which's license is already included in our distribution. Do you mean
we need to add full text of the license to our source release too?

The MIT license specifies "The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.” I believe you are missing
that. This text (or a pointer to a file containing it) it is usually added to LICENSE. [1]

> 4. > - NOTICE doesn’t need to mention iconfont [1] MIT licensed items do not need
to be added to NOTICE
> I will remove that. Both NOTICEs in source and distribution, right?

Yes in general MIT and BSD don’t need to be included in NOTICE. (Also [1])

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps