incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Poddlings length of time in the incubator
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2018 11:19:14 GMT

On 26/08/18 00:43, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Below is a list of podlings that have been in the incubator for more than 2 years. What
can be done to encourage these projects along? Do they have missing mentors or need some other
assistance?

> While not all podlings graduate in 2 years and may move towards graduation at different
rates, I’m not sure that the being in the incubator for longer than 2 years achieves much.

> Looking like they are soon to graduate:
> Airflow
> Singa
> Unomi
>
> Reasonably active:
> Gearpump
> S2Graph
> Tamaya
> Taverna
> Tephra
> Toree
>
> Little or low activity:
> BatchEE
> Edgent
> Joshua
> Milagro
> Myriad
> ODF Toolkit
> Pony Mail
> Quickstep
> Rya
> Samoa
> SensSoft
>
> Possibly retirement?
> ODF toolkit (7 years in the incubator!)
>
> Retiring:
> Gossip
>
> There was some talk of BatchEE graduation ion their list but seems little activity. Could
the mentors of that project follow up on that?

> Edgent has had little activity since IBM staff have left and I'm not sure what can be
done there.

> Is there any reason that S2Graph, Taverna and Tephra are not closer to graduation?

Taverna has had a decent uptick on the technical side driven by a
successful GSoC.  Energy from the PPMC is needed to make sure all code
has been released, or at least passed licensing, (including moving other
stuff out for now), then graduate.

     Andy