incubator-general mailing list archives

From "吴晟 Sheng Wu" <wu.sh...@foxmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the right procedure of making all mentor to be PPMC
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2018 19:01:31 GMT
Hi, Ted

Thanks a lot. I will talk with the community. I think graduation is a good time to do that.

Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking

From Wu Sheng 's phone.

From: Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com>
Date: Sat,Jul 14,2018 11:37 AM
To: general <general@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: What is the right procedure of making all mentor to be PPMC

At the start of the project's incubation, this can be set up quite
informally by just deciding on a list of initial members.

After the incubation is further along, a bit more formality is a good idea.
At that point, have a vote, proclaim a result and be done. There is no firm
line that determines when more formality is a good thing.

As a project leaves incubation, there is an opportunity to tune the PMC and
committer membership one last time. Commonly a few people will drop out at
that time due to constraints on their time.