incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Pulsar Release 2.1.0-incubating Candidate 5
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2018 14:32:21 GMT
Hi Justin,

I had the same experience and response. See this email for the solution.

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/0744146fe14b23753d3a7c9c08885a74a76b30a1885cb12bd49381c5@%3Cdev.pulsar.apache.org%3E

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 31, 2018, at 5:43 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> HI,
>
> I would be +1 (binding) but can’t compile from source so sorry but it’s -1 (binding)
form me. This could be an error on my part and if so I’ll be happy to change my vote.

> I checked fo rtes source release:
> - incubating in name
> - hashes and signatures good
> - DISCLAIMER exits
> - LICENSE and NOTICE all good
> - all source files have ASF headers
> - no unexpected binaries
> - can’t compile source release as it looks like it assumes it’s been checked out
from git

> Error when compiling:
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal pl.project13.maven:git-commit-id-plugin:2.2.4:revision
(git-info) on project protobuf-shaded: .git directory is not found! Please specify a valid
[dotGitDirectory] in your pom.xml -> [Help 1]

> Possible the compile instruction in README may be missing a step or am i doing something
wrong?

> Also the binary NOTICE needs a little work and incorrectly lists bundled projects copyrights,
only relocated copyright statements or those mentioned in NOTICE files need to be included
in NOTICE. It also has the incorrect year. Be great if you could fix this up for the next
release.