incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 9.0 RC1 (incubating) rc1
Date Wed, 23 May 2018 14:18:59 GMT
Hi,

> So, overall, it seems to me it is a better service for the users of the
> release to have the license included, than to hide it?

IMO (but just my personal opinion) it does nothing to serve the users other than to confuse
them that GPL software may be bundled or may be a dependancy of the software. License checkers
will flag this as an issue as well and it would need to be investigated and resolved. But
if there’s not GPL software in the release or a compile time dependancy then there’s no
issue for a ASF policy point of view.

Thanks,
Justin